Re: Delta Reservations - Boston

Alireza Alivandivafa wrote:
> This is true of all airlines.  They charge no fee on the web site, $5 for the
> phone and $15 for the airport.  This is all contingent on if the website
> doesn't screw up

And screw up they do.

My parents recently booked a SkyMiles award ticket.  Since each was
using miles from their own account, they were booked separately.  My
mother's went through fine but my father's failed and said he had to
call to complete the transaction.  After managing to navigate the voice
menus, he manages to get an agent who charges an extra $10 fee because
it was completed over the phone.

So, Delta's web site with no indication of why fails.  There is no
apparent way to retry other than to start over, and the message is
written in such a way to discourage you from trying, and instead calling
reservations.  A record locater is supplied with the message.

Let's see... we do all the work of finding flights on Delta's "new and
improved" website (which only recently even gained the capability to do
International SkyMiles awards), and enter all the information ourselves.
  Names, form of payment for the fees, seat selection, etc.  After all
that the site fails, we have to navigate their phone system, and finally
get to an agent who completes the booking with 1 minute of work, and we
have to pay an extra $10?

My father asked and spoke to a supervisor, who issued a $10 credit and
claimed that the agent didn't realize that the telephone booking fee
shouldn't have been charged.  But I wonder how many people have paid an
extra fee because the site failed.  And it's a wait-and-see game to see
whether or not he gets his 1000 bonus miles for booking the award ticket
online.

David / HNL