Virgin US (was Cabotage/back-2-backs etc)

<<> It quotes in USD by taking a CAD fare and converting into USD.>>

<<My point is that when it was $348 it means USD, not CAD (whichwould be better!).>>

Yes indeed, what you see is the price.

The technical geek piece of it is that the $348 could be $349 next week or have been $348 last week -- without a fare change having taken place, because the fare is denominated in Canadian.

When thinking about it, cabotage and the travel currency game (or back-to-backs and other gaps in fare logic) are totally intermingled.

It has been recently suggested in the media -- again -- that Mr. Branson is merely braying at the moon:  nothing he has done suggests an attempt to approach a plan for this imagined carrier to comply with US law, and without that, he just cannot play as a player.

.... Unless Richard works to declare US citizenship (it'll take years) and makes all the financial moves within his empire to make it legal -- which would be financially stupid, because unlike Murdoch, Branson has a basket of better businesses than airlines.  Rupert had media, and was (is) very good at making money for his shareholders in American media -- it made sense for him to commit to the USA.  I believe US citizenship is Branson's only workaround to running a domestic US carrier.

Some people, however, have felt deep passion to run an airline, almost regardless of the business consequences :-).  Brason's clearly a scarf-and-goggles guy.

One wonders what might be, and wonders more if the recent imperative moves to low-cost carriers concepts in the US haven't convinced Sir RIchard that his recipe of a trendy young brand and low fares is no longer unique.

Jordan Hayes <jmhayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It quotes in USD by taking a CAD fare and converting into USD.

Whatever, I'm sure the credit card company gets involved somewhere along
the way.  My point is that when it was $348 it means USD, not CAD (which
would be better!).

SkyOne--The Airline News Channel
  To Post message: Skyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skyone URL: