AA's LAX.. oh my!

I've done a few connections through LAX, but this was my first real O&D
via AA's Terminal 7.

My list of kudos:

* Airport Layout: Kudos on this one. Single road runs deep into the
heart of the terminals. Plenty of curb space, great for O&D.

My list of complaints:

* Rental car return: Lousy signs, one way streets, dark alleys,
Budget's map is actually incorrectly labeled!

* AA Check-In Line:  Pretty terminal. Pity you can't see which agents
are ready for you because of all the pillars that are in the way. And
because of the long line (and it's single outlet), once the person
becomes aware of a free-agent, it takes 20 seconds for them to amble
over to the correct desk. Sloth like and inefficient.

* Self-Service Kiosk: Okay folks, repeat after me, self-service means
self-service. But not for AA.  I was encouraged to use the kiosk, but
had to type my full first and last name AND airline locator #. The rest
of the world (AC, UA and others) merely require a card with the a
matching last-name. The interface is confusing.

The non-self-service part..  do you want to check a bag? Good luck, as
you are given no clues. Only standing there like a statue did someone
behind the desk run over and grab the standard baggage check tag that
printed on the OTHER side of the counter. (there's no visual
confirmation of what is supposed to happen.) They checked my ID and
applied the tag to my bag. THEN I had to take the bag, back up 10 feet
and give it to a TSA weenie to swipe with a pad and apply a bunch of
stickers which I had to keep picking up from the floor. THEN the bag is
passed BACK over the counter to the belt. Brand new terminal, tons of
space and we have bags piled high by these self-serve kiosks.

AA's Boarding Pass: Same size,  texture and colour as the receipt you
would get from an ATM or Burger King. Really easy to loose in a wallet.
Unless you have your AAdvantage # applied, it prints a blank for the
Freq. Flier #. Usability testing was obviously not done.

(AA's REGULAR boarding passes are hard to loose, feel like a boarding
pass and print my Alaskan Mileage Plus #)

Bathrooms: Who designed this airport? If, after walking into a public
bathroom a few feet, there is no evidence of urinals, guy's will panic
and think they are in the ladies. The first, second and third view of
the bathrooms by gate 47A are of sinks, mirrors and stalls. Panic mode!

I actually LIKE DFW in comparison to this place.

Matthew