Re: Backlash from Airbus ads still fresh

Air Canada regularly operates A340s to LHR from YYZ and YVR

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Gerard M Foley
Sent: December 1, 2004 1:18 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Backlash from Airbus ads still fresh

From: "Clay Wardlow" <clay.wardlow@xxxxxxxx>

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:08 AM <snip>

> Meanwhile, Airbus just started a new ad campaign
<snip>
> One of the planes in the ad is an A330. Two engines, it would seem,
> really are as good as four, regardless of which side of the Atlantic
> you are building jetliners on.

I have a strong impression that aside from Lufthansa's A340 services, there
are relatively few Airbus's used over the North Atlantic.  I can't think of
any A300 or A310 operations, and the only two engine Airbuses I recall are
Canadian A330's.

If I'm right, any ideas why?   Please don't say they're unsafe.

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley