Re: Southwest seeing how the wind blows

Gerald
AFAIK every air carrier airport in the country leases in one way or another
their terminal and gates spaces.  Every project I have been involved in has
been 90% Federal and 10% local funding.  I know of a time when United wanted
to build their own concourse at Cleveland with I think 22 gates  but the
City of Cleveland turned them down. They said they wanted to be able to say
they had X number of gates available.  Airlines may have structures on
airports such as maintenance hangars they own but they have been used to
having the airport operators build them for them.  I'd have to research but
there is a possibility United built their two terminals at O'Hare.

Al

Al