Re: Southwest seeing how the wind blows

From: "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:47 PM

> Oh, I know. However, perhaps a straight swap: lift the Wright Amendment
> in exchange for WN _purchasing_ Love Field. Even if the cost could only
> be nominal, it would be an interesting experiment in the free market...
<snip>
A commercial airport is not only land with runways and lights and buildings
but also airspace around it.  It is in most respects a public facility.  I'm
not sure that having an airline own its own airport would be that good an
idea.

Does such an arrangement exist anywhere in the U.S.?   Do airlines even own
the terminals that are currently used exclusively by them, or do they just
lease them?  Most commercial airports I am familiar with have federal money
in them.

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html