From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Clay
Wardlow
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 11:57 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Everybody missed on this

I understand and for the most part agree.

Increasing fares though will not help. Average everyday Joes will not fly.
So, if people don't fly, airlines don't make money. With fares as low as
they've been, I've been able to fly quite a bit over the last 5 years. If
fares go up too much, I will only take one trip a year (rather than the 11 a
year I've been able to).

That's all I'm saying. The problem isn't the fares. The problem is oil
prices. Fares are where they should be (for the most part) - fuel is not.=20

This is more than an industry problem. This is a world-wide problem.
Something has to be done or more than the airline industry is going to fall.
Look around you right now. Notice all the plastic around you.
Plastic is made from oil (petroleum). We've got a huge problem on our hands.

Clay - SEA
Not a fan of oil companies and OPEC.