Re: Airport Architecture

Just watched The Terminal on my UAL DEN-YVR flight.

it rates as just above a 'renter.'

One thing I thought was odd was that though it was meant to portray the
International terminal at JFK the film portrays flight to/from Canadian
cities (Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto) as if they are international cities.

Of course we all know that any such flights would go through
pre-clearance in Canada and use the US domestic gates for arrivals, and
likely departures.

And yes.. many of the outdoor plane shots were of Mirabel. The Air
Transat tails, the snow and even the license plates on the airport
police cars (when the janitor stops the UAL 747) were Quebec plates. I
assume that UAL flew in a 747-400 for filming and we weren't looking at
a computer creation.

Matthew