Re: Airport Architecture

... one of the reasons I dislike DFW.

United, ATA, US Airways, Lufthansa, BA, AmWest all crowd themselves
into the smelly part of Terminal B.

Though with the renovations to support the new DFW Skylink thingy, they
are cleaning up a things in a few places.

DFW also bugs me in another respect. It's very wasteful. In B Terminal
alone, there must be 5 or more security check-points, 15+ escalators
from the lower roadway to the upper roadway, 7-10 sets of bathrooms.

 From an operational cost point of view, this must be outrageously
expensive to operate. Yes, it's nice to have numerous uncrowded (and
relatively small) security check-points, bathrooms and gate areas the
cost to simply keep it operational must be very high in comparison to
airports like ATL or even LGA.

Matthew