From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Antoin Daltun
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 11:50 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CP's 737 cross-country jaunts

According to my Boeing sources at the time, one of the reasons United bought
the A320 was that it could go coast-to-coast for UA, while the B737-300
could not.  This also drove Boeing to develop the B737NG, but too late for
UA.  Continental had one or two transcontinental routes on B737-300
(EWR-SEA?), but they were relatively short routes and I think they were
seasonal or non-stop in one direction only and were routes where the loads
might not be great.

Antoin Daltun