Re: AA take over UA?

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Mueller

American has Oneworld with British Airways, and a codeshare agreement
with Turkish Airlines.  Either can get you to IST.

This is not that easy code share on the AA side. If you want to upgrade on
TK with AA miles, it's a major hassle. But, it is very convenient to fly to
Turkey on TK+AA code share. AA has TK flight numbers for about 20
destinations in the US. Believe it or not, they are also code sharing on
some European flights, like fly TK metal for IST-MAN and then hope on
shining Luxury liner to ORD.

As far as Ch.9 , you would be surprised how many people listen to it these
days.

On a recent flight the captain came out when we were at the gate, gave a
great speech on his airline, why he loves to fly and threw in some jokes. In
mid flight, he sent his personal thanks to me for supporting united on his
business card. When I was leaving I told him that if he ever gets tired of
flying his lovely 75s and 76s, he can go up with my little Piper Tomahawk
out of Renton Airport. :)

These, little things make a lot of difference when you are showing loyalty
to an airline.

BAHA
Fan of Capt. Bob Passmore US Navy Reserve and 757/767 captain.