Re: AA take over UA?

I'm pretty agnostic on the whole AA vs. UA thing.  I used to be a DL
fan, but they've degraded so much they're no better, and in some ways
worse (no equivalent to E+ or MRTC for example).  But I think Baha's
points for why he prefers UA over AA aren't such a big deal.

Bahadir Acuner wrote:
> - Ch. 9

Yeah, this is nice.  The only clear advantage, but mostly for avation
nuts like us.  The average passenger probably doesn't listen to Ch. 9,
and certainly won't book UA just for it.

BTW - Ch. 9 is one of the in-flight audio channels on United, where they
broadcast the ATC frequency the pilots are tuned to.  It is at Captain's
discretion, so it's not always on.

> - Star Alliance with Lufthansa (I can take them all the way to IST)

American has Oneworld with British Airways, and a codeshare agreement
with Turkish Airlines.  Either can get you to IST.

> - Economy Plus (I am a big UA fan, if you know what I mean)

American has MRTC (More Room Throughout Coach) on most of their
aircraft.  The 757 and A300s are the exceptions.  American Eagle doesn't
have it, but neither does United Express.  And ALL coach passengers get
MRTC, not just some of them like United's Economy Plus.

> - Airbus equipment

Personal preferences.  I like MD jets, so AA's huge MD-80 fleet is
rather attractive.

> - Free headsets in coach

American charges $2 and you can keep them and use them free on future
flights.  Or bring on your own, they take standard single prong electric
headsets, and use them for free.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx