From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Matthew Montano
Sent: June 26, 2004 12:21 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ORD reconfig

Oddly, YVR still uses an intersecting runway.

It seems that approaches are only permitted from the northwest, which
matches to the direction of most light traffic coming from the northern part
of Vancouver Island or the B.C. interior. It also approaches slightly over
the university so only prop traffic is permitted.

.. and I don't think they've used it as a departure runway since a
Dash-8 (?) bit-it just where the No. 2 road bridge lands on the Lulu island
side. Anyone know the full details.

Matthew