Re: Plane Face-Off Shuts Narita Runway

What I don't understand is why there would have to be an hour's
shutdown.  How long could it take to get a tug out there and push back
one of the planes?  At big airports planes occasionally blunder onto
taxiways, etc., that they can't get out of of, especially on
foggy/rainy nights, and they have to be pushed back (since all but a
tiny number of airliners cannot back up by themselves).   Dunno why
that would take an hour at a somewhere like NRT.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx