Re: New TV Programs this Fall including Branson!

I am so sick and tired of a person wanting to do a career and then bitching
because it doesn't pay much.  Last time I checked, no one is forced in this
country to do a particular job.

In the first place, whoever said that a person should complete training
(pilot, teacher, whatever) and then immediately start making the big bucks?
In just about every industry, people start at the bottom, regardless of
education, and work their way up.

Then there's that pesky capitalism thing called supply-and-demand.  There's
a lot of pilots (supply) and not that many openings (demand).  Therefore,
people can be hired for less than if there was a shortage of pilots and a
lot of openings.

If you are referring to a Part 135 operation (limited to 1400 hours a year)
below, if you fly 15 hours a day, every day you go to work (which I doubt
happens), then you will only work 93.33 days in a year, giving you 271.67
days off.  Plenty of time to get another part time job.  The 16,000 works
out to $11.43 an hour - good for a part time job.

If you work for a Part 121 operation, then it gets even better because you
limited to 1000 hours a year.

Yes, I know you spend a gazzalion dollars for training. Again, you were not
forced to become a pilot.

David R