Re: Plane Face-Off Shuts Narita Runway

David / All:

That is possible.  Even though it is a new airport, it
is still on a relatively thin strip of land in the
middle of a large waterway.  Yet, I would think ground
control/ ATC should know the size of all a/c in
movement on the field at any time and send them to the
right places at the right time?

Unfortunately, someone made a mistake.  Luckily, there
were no fatalities.

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Mass