From: Michael A. Burris [mailto:yyz_02140@xxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 7:54 AM
To: The Airline List; Clay Wardlow
Subject: Re: Regan Legacy on Air Industry

Clay:

I think his biggest impact on this industry was his
breaking of the air traffic controllers union.  They
went out on strike. He drew the line in the sand. They
crossed it. History will show that he broke them and
filled the towers with military personnel.

President Reagan didn't degregulate the industry. That
came under the Carter administration.  It really got
going however, under Reagan's administration.=20
Deregulation made travel more affordable for more
people.  The most notable carriers were People's
Express.  As to your travel plans made during that
time period, well, you would have paid more to get
from point A to point B, perhaps had better service,
the departure times wouldn't have been as flexible,
and one of the big three, most likely United or
American, would have taken you there or you might have
used both, I believe.

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Mass

=09