Re: Regan Legacy on Air Industry

>He de-regulated the industry, right? (I was too young to pay attention
>to that then. I was more interested in playing with my Legos and Star
>Wars toys.)
No.  Deregulation happened before he became president.

His major affect on the airline industry was that he had the balls to stand up to a union that started an illegal contract.  The air controllers, though smart individuals, were stupid enough to follow their union and go on strike, even though they had a no-strike clause in the contract.

President Reagan  (please note the spellilng of his name) could not allow this to happen so he fired the controllers that went on striked.  This caused the airlines to have to reduce their flights.  Though it did hurt the airlines, I agreed with President Reagan 100%.  Just as I am now, back then I did not think the government workers should have the "right"to strike.

David R