Re: Speaking of Unions

3-9-5. ANTICIPATING SEPARATION

Takeoff clearance needs not be withheld until prescribed separation exists
if there is a reasonable assurance it will exist when the aircraft starts
takeoff roll.

3-9-6. SAME RUNWAY SEPARATION

Separate a departing aircraft from a preceding departing or arriving
aircraft using the same runway by ensuring that it does not begin takeoff
roll until:

  a. The other aircraft has departed and crossed the runway end or turned to
avert any conflict. If you can determine distances by reference to suitable
landmarks, the other aircraft needs only be airborne if the following
minimum distance exists between aircraft: (See FIG 3-9-1 and FIG 3-9-2.)

    1. When only Category I aircraft are involved- 3,000 feet.

    2. When a Category I aircraft is preceded by a Category II aircraft-
3,000 feet.

    3. When either the succeeding or both are Category II aircraft-
    4,500 feet.

    4. When either is a Category III aircraft- 6,000 feet.