From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of =
David
Mueller
Sent: April 7, 2004 5:14 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SFGate: The tickets airlines don't want you to buy

Directional fares (charging more to fly LAX-SFO than SFO-LAX) aren't the
issue.  A lot of the "abuse" of airfares is because buying a round trip =
is
cheaper than a one way, and that buying a ticket between two cities with =
connection in a hub is cheaper than flying from the hub city to one =
city.
It's the non-sensible situation where buying buying tickets for two =
flights
is cheaper than one.

---
David Mueller / MRY