Re: [Sky-1] UAL gets rid of the 762s

My recollection was they ordered 19 as the launch customer, and those 19
222's were the only ones they had until the late 80's when they bought the
322's.  Some of these are single digit line numbers dating back to the
launch of the program.  One of these was the second aircraft to hit the
WTC, leading to the 18 number mentioned below.

Shawn

At 01:15 PM 3/12/2004, aerotransport.org wrote:

>RWM wrote:
> >
> > I believe these are 1982 vintage, non-ERs, in other words, representing
> the low
> > water mark for 767s.
> >
> > They may be near-run out as well, but as a practical matter no one needs a
> > "domestic" 767.
> >

>2 remarks:
>- UAL has a total of 18 767-200 including 8 ET models (ET=ETOPS
>enabled). So either the other 2 have been sold to another buyer, or
>marked for part-out
>- There is definitely a domestic market for old 767-200s: Kras Air,
>Russia, has expressed strong interest for example
>

>Best regards,
>
>Alexandre.
>AeroTransport Data Bank
>http://www.aerotransport.org

America's Volunteer Firefighters, the best bargain in municipal government