Re: Transborder Question

It's a weird legal no-mans land past the pre-clearance areas.

While you've been pre-cleared to enter the US, you are still very much
in Canada (legally speaking.)

But conversely, when entering through Canada-Customs, you do not have
the rights as a Canadian. If they want to give you a rubber-glove
search for drugs, you don't have the 'right' to speak to a lawyer, as
you forfeited the rights when you 'left Canada.'

I think reasonable common sense has always prevailed, and this has
never been tested.

Matthew

http://www.redmac.ca - Getting Canadian's their Macintosh accessories
http://www.justaddanoccasion.com - Great gift ideas, featuring smoked