Re: The US Airways puzzle...

On 19 Jan 2004 at 17:26, RT Simpson wrote:

> accept the realities of the marketplace.  Management has lost
> credibility by constantly coming back for concessions and saying "this

The mindset of management is bizarre. They must be shell-shocked.
After the troubles of the last two years or so US management stresses
that all costs must be reduced tremendously - the very survival of
the carrier is at stake.

Then along comes WN. US's response: We will have to cut more costs to
compete.

Now how can more costs be cut when the initial "cuts" were draconian
and not even realizing the goal of sustaining the line? More cuts can
just materialize out of thin air?

They are toast.

mailto:jgivens@xxxxxxxxxxx

A random MP quote:
"...and gangs of marauding keep left signs."