The US Airways puzzle...

In a message dated 1/19/2004 12:34:28 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
seth+yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 11:13, BraniffIntl@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >Not the best choice of words for a troubled carrier.  But the fact
> >remains, US Airways is worth more broken up than a continuing
> >operation as the labor situation is impossible.
>
> If you're referring to labor's latest stance on not taking concessions,
> I think you're going to have a hard sell convincing people that labor is
> to blame on this one.

Relations between management and employees are abyssmal.  There is no trust
and their is little reason to believe it can be restored.  Far too many
employees remember "the way it used to be" and will not accept the realities of the
marketplace.  Management has lost credibility by constantly coming back for
concessions and saying "this is the last time".  While the unions are taking a
hard stand today, I'm afraid there is little to be hopeful for tomorrow.  As
stated before, it's worth more broken up than as a going concern.

RT Simpson
Phoenix