Re: Aloha applies for service to Washington, D.C.

I wasn't quoting you but rather pointing out that Aloha applied for a SNA/DCA instead of one from LAX because it already operates at 2 nearby airports.  Aloha doesn't want to fly to the major airports on the west coast but is flying to the smaller airprots (e.g. OAK, BUR).

The fact that a senator's office is nearer to one airport than another should not have any bearing whatsover on route allocation, even though, we do know that the elected officials are not in the business to serve the public but their own greedy needs.

When did the feds reject Alaska's and United's bid for a DCA/LAX route?  The route was served by TWA then American, although it is now inactive.

The LA basin is served by 5 airports (LAX/LGB/ONT/BUR/SNA). In many cases, the route is awarded based on the metro area, not the airport.

In my opinion, Aloha is asking for the SNA/DCA not so much for the local traffic but to provide direct service between DCA and Hawaii.  Passengers will have the opportunity to use SNA as hub for flights to 3 Hawaiian islands compared to 2 for Burbank.