Re: 737-900

I would suggest the next step from the B737-900 would be the Airbus A321.
According to the Airbus web site that holds up to 220 pax.

I can't see Boeing producing another B737 model.

Peter Schneider
ATL

|         |           damiross2@comcast|
|         |           .net             |
|         |           Sent by: The     |
|         |           Airline List     |
|         |           <AIRLINE@LISTSERV|
|         |           .CUNY.EDU>       |
|         |           12/31/2003 11:07 |
|         |           The Airline List;|
|         |           damiross2        |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  737-900                                                                                      |

Because the 737-900 is limited to 189 passengers, even though it could hold
more, what are the advantages of a -900 over a -800, which also holds a
maximum of 189 pax?  Obviously, there would be more legroom in the -900 and
it can does have a slightly larger cargo capacity.  It's range, however, is
shorter than the -800.

Regarding the question Mike asked about what's next, I say the 737-1000 is
the -900 is the last in the 737 line.
David R