Re: Is Mexicana leaving STAR?

If there are two countries that have higher standards for maintenance
and operations it would be Germany and Singapore. Which would explain
LH and SQ.

In the SARS example (as unlikely as it might be), since UA would of
sold the ticket, and the pax caught SARS, United might be on the hook
for the disease. Only of course in the US, as most other countries have
a buyer-beware biased legal framework.

The flights that are code-shared are ones that extend a flight network
strategically. I.e. United code shares only on a few AC flights out of
Toronto, but you can be reasonably sure that those flights would
connect up to arriving United flights into Toronto. Also quite common
is a code share on a flight between two cities normally served.

I.e. UA code shares on the AC flight between PDX and YVR (which they
don't serve directly.)

Matthew