Re: Little Rock Denies Reality

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alireza Alivandivafa" <DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx>
To: <AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 13:31
Subject: Re: [AIRLINE] Little Rock Denies Reality

> In a message dated 11/8/03 8:33:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Another case of screw the customer.  What they may make up in lower
labor
> > cost will be offset by customer dissatisfaction. I do internal tech
support
> > for a software company.  We have quite a few Indians in the company.
With
> > hardly an exception, their English with their Indian accent is difficult
> > understand over the phone.  I predict there will be complaints from the
> > customers when they call the res center and can't understand the agent.
>
> Last I checked, Desis (People from the Sub-continent) speak some of the
> better English in the world.  I understand them fully, no matter when I
have called
> (and I have spoken to a few at Dell India), and I am not even of the same
> background.  I think the only problems might be when rednecks in Hotlanta
call up
> to book a flight on Fortress Airlines and get spooked when "dat giah own
duh
> end uh da phone tawk funneh."  After the shock, they will probably
perfectly
> understand them and thing they are from the UK

I stand by what I wrote.  I talk to Indians on the phone and edit webcasts
that they broadcast.  The vast majority (actually, the men, not the women)
are difficult to understand.

I also oppose this for the same reason I oppose my company's opening of a
tech support center in India - it's getting rid of American jobs.