Re: Little Rock Denies Reality

In a message dated 11/8/03 8:33:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Another case of screw the customer.  What they may make up in lower labor
> cost will be offset by customer dissatisfaction. I do internal tech support
> for a software company.  We have quite a few Indians in the company.  With
> hardly an exception, their English with their Indian accent is difficult to
> understand over the phone.  I predict there will be complaints from the
> customers when they call the res center and can't understand the agent.

Last I checked, Desis (People from the Sub-continent) speak some of the
better English in the world.  I understand them fully, no matter when I have called
(and I have spoken to a few at Dell India), and I am not even of the same
background.  I think the only problems might be when rednecks in Hotlanta call up
to book a flight on Fortress Airlines and get spooked when "dat giah own duh
end uh da phone tawk funneh."  After the shock, they will probably perfectly
understand them and thing they are from the UK