The Airline Philly LUVs

In a message dated 10/29/2003 4:43:45 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Few of the talking heads out there are saying the move to PHL is not to go
> after USAir but to stop JetBlue from coming down....not sure I buy it but is
> an interesting thought now that JetBlue got forced out of the ATL market.
> mebbe it's also a position thing before ACA goes independent?  Sure put's
> them on top of their own BWI operation...has LUV done something like this
> lately other places?

I don't buy it either.  To the Philadelphia market, Southwest becomes an
instant saviour after decades of paying through the nose for expensive and
indifferent service from US Airways and the other big boys.  Mention Southwest and
you immediately think of affordable and reliable transportation.  WN wins!

As far as JBLU getting "forced out" of ATL...they didn't.  What happened is
they realized no one was going to make money with excess capacity and wisely
picked up their marbles and left the game.  Leaving a market today does not
carry the same stigma as it did in the past.  JBLU is simply smarter for cutting
losses sooner than later!  Smart.

RT Simpson
Phoenix