Re: Concorde Farewell

In a message dated 10/6/2003 11:34:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just because the airfield was their first doesn't mean the people have no
right
 to complain (that's sarcasm!).  Same thing is happening here.  A company
 proposed to have scheduled service out of Livermore (LVK) but he idiots who
 bought their houses in the glide path objected so the politicians, being the
slime
 they are, decided not to let it get through. >>

I have one better for you David.  There are no houses that are really in the
way of CMA (Camarillo, the town I grew up in), which is a very, very busy GA
field.  In fact, the prefered take off direction takes off over miles of celery
fields.  Still, NIMBY has kept it from becomming the next BUR since the
airport transfered to civil traffic (was an AF base) in 1979.  The runway is
perfect for commercial.  It was 10,500 feet, and if you revived just the overrun, it
would go to nearly 8000.  As it is, there are 6500 feet there, fine for
short-medium hall 737s and 757s (and the taxiways can handle it.

BTW David, is your Assemblymember Guy Houston?