Re: NYTimes.com Article: The Anger of the Long-Distance Flier

If I were running an airline and keeping you happy meant me losing money, I
would gladly send you to the competition.  It's got to be a win win situation
for everyone.  I am not sure how the U.S. carriers run their programs but with
Air Canada there are two ways you can reach top tier status, the first is by
flying the required number of miles, the second is by flying the required
number of segments so people who travel a lot on low fares can still make it on
segments.

Mark