Re: Branson is coming

In a message dated 8/26/2003 12:58:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Filmscape@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Not only that...Frontier operating 5-6 (depends on the day) trips in/out
 of LAX manages to do so with only one gate. The point being..Virgin
 America wherever based  needs just that ...a single gate in all other
 cities it decides to branch out to. Most airport authorities hold a
 reasonable a gates under their control and will me more than willing to
 accomodate a new tenant that =more cash in their coffers. If VA is based
 in St. Louis for example, it won't blitz LAX,SFO,JFK,EWR,DFW,DCA all
 with more that 6 flights each right out of the gate (no pun intended).
 It's sure to be less...and over time the frequencies will increase and
 gate space will (through attrition or trade off) be made available.

You have a point here.  Remember though that jetBlue locked up the LGB slots
(only to be robbed of 5 of them by AA's whining) not long after starting up
with their slots at JFK.  I think it is a good thing to get 2 cities to focus
from to start.