From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Alireza Alivandivafa
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 5:45 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining
ground/'Regular' a...

In a message dated 8/12/2003 5:04:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bahadiracuner@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< HP needs a mid-America hub. I was surprised that they pulled out of
 CMH all of a sudden. If they had more service to more cities, they
 could have capitilized on that very good. Flying East Coast - SEA
 is not best thing when you are trying to connect thru PHX, but an
 extensive CMH flight schedule could be a great alternative. CLE
 works for CO, CMH could have worked for HP if they expended on it.

They were losing 25 million a year at CMH

 >DL is not well represented on the west coast, esp. out of SLC
 Similar problem that happened with HP happens to DL out of SLC.
 Get more CRJs and add more destinations from SLC hub. Then you have
 options like ATL, CVG, SLC and DFW. That's as good as it gets.

 >US is definitely not well represented on the west coast
 Tell that to PSA lovers. They hold a grudge against US so bad :) >>

Tell me about it.  PSA was an awesome airline, done in only by the fuel
crisis.  The fact that Herb says he coppied them is the biggest show of how
bad US
screwed up.