Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining ground/'Regular' a...

They are also off in the extreme south west of the country. Thanks to
distorted Mercator maps, and the great-circle routing, PHX and LAS make
poor connecting points for anything other than Southern/Middle
California going anywhere in the east.

If PHX or LAS are never weather bound, why have both?

Pure geography only. I've ridden HP, and wasn't offended by their
service offering. And my friends in many parts of the make frequent use
of HP with happiness.

Matthew