Re: Right Plane, Right Routes

In a message dated 8/12/2003 4:04:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
filmscape@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hmmmm impressive....I just may have to venture to BUR to see that. I'm
sure it won't
 take much for me to get 'LUV' sick after a few LUV arrivals.But the 'turn
off' is
 certainly worth a visit.

BUR has enough other stuff to keep you interested.  It is cool to look at the
AA Skidbuggies and their impressive turning radius as they make the u-turn to
their gate.  I also saw little Ameriflight single land the wrong way, then
take off in the landing direction a few minutes later.  Seemed to be in a hurry
too.  It is also impressive seeing the FedEX A300 climbing and abating over
the 101.  I have not seen it from BUR yet.

 Lauda had two charters here last year..both 767-300s. As for
Avianca..personally I get
 the feeling that Avianca should it rise again, will morph into LAN Colombia
or something
 along those lines. But as long as we remain the premier 747 airport in the
US..I won't
 miss the A342s or A333s... A343s /A346s will do as will A332s for A333s. We
were the
 only US airport with 773 service....it appears KE is pulling them out and
replacing KE
 001 with 744s. >>

Do we still get Corsair flights?  And if so, do we get SEX at all?  I also
love ruling the 747 world, but like having a bit of variety.  We should be
getting the A333s with NW, probably replacing that ancient Diesel-10 to HNL.  There
is no real need for 342s here, as loads are too high and everything that does
not need a 744 is close enough for a 343 (LAX-MUC, for example).  I saw the
773, so now I am happy with keeping on with 744s.  I love the plane.  It is a
pity that KE is replacing their 744s with 773ERs.  What I do like, however, is
that Cathay and QF seem interested in the 747 Adv.  That plane should also
spark interest for other airlines, as it flies much farther and gets much better
gas mileage than the A3Elephant.