Re: Right Plane, Right Routes

Hmmmm impressive....I just may have to venture to BUR to see that. I'm sure it won't
take much for me to get 'LUV' sick after a few LUV arrivals.But the 'turn off' is
certainly worth a visit.

Lauda had two charters here last year..both 767-300s. As for Avianca..personally I get
the feeling that Avianca should it rise again, will morph into LAN Colombia or something
along those lines. But as long as we remain the premier 747 airport in the US..I won't
miss the A342s or A333s... A343s /A346s will do as will A332s for A333s. We were the
only US airport with 773 service....it appears KE is pulling them out and replacing KE
001 with 744s.

Alireza Alivandivafa wrote:

Actually, as Frank from Efzed can attest, watching BUR from the top of the
parking structure, like LAX, is very fun.  The reason is how insanely close the
terminal is to the main landing runway.  The WN planes get off the thrusters
and just make a right turn into their gates.  It is a trip to watch.
You are right about the view from the top of T3 parking at LAX.  I went there
one of the first nights Cathay flew in the 346.  I have not been there to see
Citrus yet, but it is fun seeing almost every major Boeing or Airbus plane
that flies (A342, A333 (for now), and F-100 being the only major exceptions).  I
too wish we could still see Lauda or Avianca