Re: SP vs. 400

In a message dated 8/12/2003 5:13:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gjmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< All airlines overbook, especially on international services. It's a basic
 tenet of revenue management that there will always be no-shos and
 cancellations, hence more seats are sold than there are seats on the plane.
 99.99% of the time loads will waste and the plane will depart with everyone
 on board. Offloads happen but they are very rare.

Um, I am on the airline list, I know that.  I was just pointing out that QF
was doing well and that is why they still rape us here in LA on the price of
tickets to Australia.  I have been involved in an off load.  Actually, it was a
cancelation by US (when they still flew PSA's routes), then an offload from a
UAX Brasilia then back on a later US flight.
Say, Grant, want to send me a cheap F, J or Y class ticket LAX-MEL?