Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining ground/'Regular' a...

I wouldnt consider a direct or nonstop flight a 'frill' or an extra service
that a carrier provides for the passengers.  Frequent flyer programs---ok --
everyone has one.  Some have more appeal than others but that depends entirely
on your travel patterns and vacation plans.
The only extra service or frill that I can see is preassigned seats...and
what is that worth?  $5.00? or maybe $10.00 extra?

The only people who seem to support the UA AA DL US etc gang are the high
mileage freq flyers whose companys pay the bills and want the free upgradge to F
class.  (And I think youre seeing the begining of the end for First Class on
the vast majority of US domestic flights) More and more all Y class and RJ
acfts on 2-3 hour flights.
Dennis