Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining ground/'Regular' a...

I really do not mind paying extra for the assigned seats (WN doesn't have
this), a bit better service (WN, JetBlue, etc. doesn't have this).
Miles and alliances are important for me, I love flying UA with EconPLus ,
which I don't mind paying more for, and get on Air Canada to YUL. I love
having options in terms of taking flights through ORD, YUL, YVR , because if
one hub goes down because of wx, traffic or whatever, I can connect through
another hub. (BTW, UA provides the best option in terms of this as I can
connect through DEN if ORD is down, or vice versa. Even connecting trhough
SFO is an option in my case).

Airlines like America West or AirTran will always win my business thanks to
their first class seating, milage programs, their cap on the last minute
fares and assigned seats. You will never see me on ATA due to their poor
service, or Southwest due them being the GReyhound with wings hurding the
pax to the airplanes. And accoring to that press release Alaska is a major
carrier who screws up their customers, which is not.

You will never see me on Delta as they screw their customers in terms of
milage plan, $5 for the headset that is operated by the technology from
daVinci days.

There is room for the major airlines. The problem they have is with their
cost structure. The problem with the press articles like this is that a lot
of people want $99 one way fares, but they also want the F class treatment.

BAHA
Fan of commuting to YUL and having a ball at Crescent St.
Not a fan of hot and humid YUL days and being stuck in windowless room with
almost no AC in downtown Montreal