Re: Clipper Class, My Ass!

From: "David MR" <damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 2:35 AM

> I know.
> If I'm not mistaken, the aircraft history was:
> DC3 (were these only freighters?)
> DC4
> DC6
> 727
> 737

<clip>

DC7C?  Someone at Boeing was supposed to have said he'd give a lot for the
name "Seven Sea"  Of course, it wasn't long before the 707 did them in.
Those DC6 and 7 engines really lit up the sky at night!

When turboprops came in, my wife was bothered because they didn't run the
engines up before they released the brakes.

Perhaps you are only talking about PA aircraft used in Europe, not
transatlantic.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley