Re: to Beriln - Advice?

Ok, so SXF seems out :-)  I'm checking on this for a friend - he knows my
knowledge of the airline industry so he asked.  He's attending a function
next April (2004!) at Messe Berlin.

He's flying out of SNA for convience mostly - he gets crabby when I mention
LAX.  I did some checking, and am guessing that the fares I see are standard
rate (i.e. no discount, sales, etc. as it's too far in advance).  The fares
are within $50 (savings) between flying out of LAX & staying at SNA.

He was thinking of several options:

1. UA through ORD and FRA then LH into TXL.

2. CO & AF through IAH & CDG.

3. AA & SwissAir through ORD or DFW and ZRH.

4. AA or UA through ORD & LHR, then BA into TXL.

Opinions?  Remember price is an issue, but he's not scraping to save $5 or
even $100.

- Blaine