Re: No Impact on Security, Passenger Wait Times as TSA Reduces Screener Jobs by 3,000

Translations and comments:

1.  "The rightsizing effort..." We estimated way too high.  Hey, what do you
expect when you just blurt out the first number you think of?

2.  "Going forward..." This is an overused phrase that doesn't mean diddly squat

3.  "A representative sampling of airports by TSA found average passenger wait
times " It's amazing how short the lines are between 0300 and 0600 on Sunday
mornings

4.  "Whenever possible, normal attrition, including resignations and
retirements..."  Retiremens?  From an agency that less than 2 years old?

5.  "Beyond that, the actual reductions in force are based on job
performance"  For each old lady you let by without stopping, you get a
demerit.  If you let too many old ladies go by, your fired. Same thing if you
let children get by without stopping them.  You will also get demerits for each
you stop that looks like a 9/11 terrorist.

6.  "Staffing levels for individual airports were based on an initial assessment
of how many full- and part-time screeners were needed " see number 1

David R