Re: U.S. Nears Decision On Guns in Cockpit

At 04:57 PM 5/29/2003 +0000, David Ross wrote:
>Let's see.  I have a mandate by the IRS to complete my taxes by 15 April
>or else I get penalized.  The TSA has a mandate by Congress (their boss!)
>to complete action by 26 May and they get no penalty.

Millions of people fill out tax forms every year. It's a well known
process. It's utterly predictable that anyone can do so in a timely manner,
and there are exceptions for good causes.

On the other hand, many Congressional mandates are for things that have
never been done before, so there is often reason to doubt whether success
is possible. Why punish someone for failing what might have been an
impossible challenge?

>These idiots at the TSA

>Jonathan Ornstein is a complete moran.

"Idiots"? "Complete moron"? Ladies, Gentlemen, and Republicans, I give you
evidence of a closed mind.

Nick