Re: Trip Report: YUL-ORD-YUL

In a message dated 5/23/2003 6:42:59 PM Central Standard Time,
DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx writes:

> We could see loved ones off until September 11th.  I think that we should
> still be able to.  I see no secutiry risk, as you have to clear security and
> need a boarding pass to get on a plane.  Alarmism is yummy

In STL, they used to allow anyone through security, and it made it easy for
non-rev and jumpseat travel.  After the big event, they changed it to ticketed
pax only, now boarding pass only.  The lines DIDN'T get any shorter.  So
either that many folks weren't going through NOT, or the lines move much slower.
Which brings me to my point, the Thousands Standing Around (TSA) doesn't want
to screen any more people than they have to, so keep out the ones that don't
have an absolute need to be there.  I guess they wouldn't have enough time to do
what they do best, stand around.

Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain
Lambert-St. Louis Airport (STL/KSTL)