Re: New US Airports

In a message dated 5/24/2003 7:33:30 AM Central Standard Time,
B787300@xxxxxxx writes:

> Darn, I'm losing it then because I drove all the perimeters of the runways
> inside Scott shooting every aircraft I could see and I never saw a sign for
> Mid-America Airport or any civilian aircraft there.  I just assumed the
> airport
> was nearby but not at the same location.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jose Prize

There is a sign out on Interstate 64, but you probably didn't see any
civilian aircraft because there aren't any.  You probably saw the terminal (complete
with jetways) that was built as part of the expansion to make it a commercial
airport.  The two parallel runways are quite a distance apart (my guess:
almost a mile), enough for simultaneous parallel approaches we really need at
Lambert.

Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain
Lambert-St. Louis Airport (STL/KSTL)