Re: Providence drops extension plan for secondary runway

Alireza Alivandivafa wrote:

>   And what the hell makes them think that international carriers are going to pass up BOS?  They should be happy that place is a mess so they get WN
When I paid a visit to the terminal at PVD in February of 2001, I was fairly impressed.  It was fairly nice and spacious for a small airport, but the most important thing was the location.  From the Tufts campus in Somerville, we made it to PVD in just under an hour, which would have compared favourably to taking the Tufts shuttle to Davis, then the red line, orange line, blue line, and finally, shuttle bus to her terminal at Logan (I'm not from Boston, and F me if I was going to drive across the city to get to the airport).

Even more, we were running a bit late, and she was on the very last
flight out of PVD that night, a 1052p trip to BWI.  We arrived at PVD at
probably 1038, walked up to and through security, right to her gate, she
  checked in and walked onto the plane, all told, about 6 minutes from
back seat to aisle seat.  The only drawback was the rather expensive
parking; I think we paid $5 for less than 20 minutes.  The Big Dig is
almost done, so it's a bit of a non-issue, but for the folks in the
Route 128 corridor, it's not inconceivable that PVD was an easier trip
than BOS.
Matthew :)