Re: Northwest adding nonstop flights from Milwaukee to major cities

I agree on the no hubs thing, though a lot of WN's ops could be considered
hubs.  They even set up flights as connections and multi-stops, as we all
know.  PHX, LAS, BWI, OAK, LAX, MDW are all examples.
    Hasn't the failures of a lot of small hubs (PIT, RDU, CMH) shown that the
bigger cities are better?  I understand your argument, and it has some
empirical bite, but I think O&D is needed to feed.  That is why DEN, aside
from how much money has been wasted there by the airport commission, is such
a good hub.  I also think there is room for another op at SLC, considering
that DL is the only hub there