Re: Navigate through that bleeping new airport security

generally, smaller buckles go through.  I usually wear my typical belt, thick
black leather with a decently sized silver buckle, like you see in clubs, and
don't have a problem.  I do have a problem with my shoes, as I generally wear
Doc's or a pair of big, black, Sketchers boots.  They set off the detectors
at LAS, but not at BUR.  I learned my lesson from LAS, so I take them off
before I go through.
    Does anyone else think the secondary screening at some European airports,
that they claim is ordered by the US, is a bit idiotic?  I mean, you go
through the first set of security, then you almost miss your flight in the
line for the hand paddles and secondary carry-on screening