Air Canada Launches "Canada Loves Toronto" Campaign

Air Canada Launches "Canada Loves Toronto" Campaign

     - Invites Canadians to visit Toronto for the Victoria Day weekend
       May 15-20, 2003
     - Invites Toronto business community, tourism industry and all other
       stakeholders to join campaign

     MONTREAL, April 28 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today launched a "Canada
Loves Toronto" campaign and invited all Canadians to rally in solidarity with
Toronto by spending the Victoria Day long weekend in the city to show their
support.
     "Two years ago a number of prominent Canadians joined together to launch
the "Canada Loves New York" campaign to demonstrate Canada's confidence in and
support for New York City," said Air Canada President and CEO, Robert Milton.
"We're inviting Canadians to once again pull together, this time to show the
world that we have full confidence in the city and people of Toronto and to
tell the world that Toronto is safe and a great place to visit."
     Air Canada will make available deeply discounted fares to encourage
Canadians to visit Toronto during the Victoria Day long weekend from May 15 -
20, 2003. Air Canada is also inviting Toronto hotel, restaurant,
entertainment, tourism and retail businesses as well as government and other
authorities to join the campaign by offering special incentives to travelers.
Details of Air Canada's special "Canada Loves Toronto" fares will be released
tomorrow with fares available for sale on Wednesday.
     "Over the past few weeks, Toronto's reputation as a prime, world class
travel destination has been put into question by an unrelenting focus on SARS.
While SARS is certainly a major cause for concern, the situation in Toronto is
firmly under control and Canadian health authorities have repeatedly assured
the public that Toronto is a safe place to visit," said Mr. Milton. "Thousands
of tourism industry jobs and businesses are being affected by the current
situation. We are taking this opportunity to re-introduce Canadians and the
world to the real Toronto - a vibrant, cosmopolitan, world class city and the
engine of Canada's economy.
     "As Toronto's airline, Air Canada is proud to bring Canadians and the
world to this great city. We'll be working with our numerous partners in the
Toronto business community and elsewhere to put together packages that will
simply be too good to pass up," he said.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@xxxxxxxxx
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/